Monday, February 9, 2009

some random updates...

So, I was looking at my blog, and I realized that I originally started this to keep family and friends updated on what was going on in me and my hubby's life. So that's what this is going to be! So... Moises is still laid-off from his job. his company does work for Chrysler, so when they are closed, so is his plant.:( except, they don't get all the benefits that the chrysler employees do... I think they still get paid something like 95% of their normal pay check... Moises has to collect unemployment, which is still better than nothing, but it's just frustrating. What else... Jenny Gorman is still living w/ us, renting our 2nd bedroom from us, and it's great! I'm a huge fan of what's called "communal living" and I think it's going to take our country by storm pretty soon, especially in this economy! We've become such an individualistic country, that we aren't experiencing the benefits of living in community! That's how it was when Jesus was around, so it can't be that bad! let's see... My lil sis Shannon is a manager at the Arby's on south alpine, which is very exciting! you should stop in and see her sometime! Another thing, I'm on the search committee at church for a new Worship Arts Pastor... it's been interesting seeing the applications that come thru! I'm still working at the bank, too. It'll be 7 years in August (I know... wow). Starting this week I'm taking on a new roll, where I'm a part-time teller and part-time customer service! I've been in the customer service department for almost 4 years, now, so this will be a fun little change for awhile.
I think that's all I can think of right now... I know this isn't as exciting as my last posts... but that okay! Gotta go make dinner now--ah the life of a wife! :) Peace out...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I really do appreciate the update! Congrats on 7 years! I'm glad your family is doing good. How is your dad? Also glad the apartment situation is working out, you never know with close friends if living together will be an easy transition or not and you guys seem to be doing great!! How is it having Moises around so much now? Sorry that he is out of work, that's not a fun situation to be in :( I hope he finds something soon!

Heather said...

I'm getting more used to Moises being around because he's pretty much been laid off since before christmas! My dad is good... still working at Starbucks. Have you seen him there at all?

Z-girl said...

Miss you, girl. Love these posts, so keep them coming. I have to get my blog going now. It is quite empty...Praying for your search and Mo's job situation. Love ya!

Heather said...

Miss you too! xoxoxox